The adidas Portland Timbers Alliance is a strategic partnership with elite local youth clubs in the Portland Timbers’ development territory, designed to build unique working relationships and development opportunities to help channel the top youth players towards the Timbers’ development programs and the Timbers Academy.
As part of the alliance, the Timbers share coaching resources and curriculum with Alliance clubs in the development of both boys and girls youth players. Additionally, youth clubs in the Alliance will be allowed the unique privilege of incorporating the Timbers brand into their club name and wear a special adidas Timbers Alliance badge as part of the uniform. On the field, each alliance club will wear the same jerseys in recognition of the partnership with the Timbers.
Young players throughout the region have the opportunity to try out for a Timbers Academy team or a place in one of the Regional Training Centers throughout the state as well as the Olympic Development Program. Additionally, the Alliance clubs regularly hold special tryouts for one-off Alliance teams for larger showcase events and tournaments. Capital FC regularly places players in each of these programs and we’re proud to continue developing top-class players at every age group. Alliance clubs also hold special “play day” events for younger players to provide additional game and development opportunities.
Other Alliance Clubs: Washington Timbers, Eastside Timbers, Westside Timbers, Bend FC Timbers, Rogue Valley Timbers, and Eugene Timbers FC
More Timbers Alliance information available at: www.timbersalliance.com
CFC’s Reid Baez plays with Timbers Academy U18’s
COERVER COACHING NW
Coerver Coaching Staff Coach Sergio Anaya works with Juniors Program players during an Academy session at CFC.
Capital FC is honored to partner with Coerver® Coaching, the world’s no. 1 soccer skills teaching method.
Coerver® Coaching is a global football coaching program inspired by the teachings of Wiel Coerver and created in 1984 by Alfred Galustian and Chelsea great, Charlie Cooke.
Highlights since 1984:
- 8 TV series in 8 languages
- Videos, DVD’s and books in 12 languages
- 1.5 million kids and coaches have attended Coerver® Coaching camps/clinics
- adidas® partner for 20 years
Coerver® Coaching is:
- A soccer skills teaching method suited for all ages but especially for players aged 5-16 years old of all abilities and their parents, coaches and teachers
- A Method that focuses on Individual skills development and small group play
- Endorsed and recommended by the top federations, associations, legends/experts of the game, club teams and corporations including:
French Football Federation
Football Federation of Australia
Chinese Football Association
Japanese Football Association
Bayern Munich FC
Newcastle United FC
Global partner adidas®
The ultimate goal of the Coerver® Coaching Method is to:
- Develop skilled, confident and creative players
- Make the game fun to practice and play
- Teach good sportsmanship and respect for all
- Value winning but not more than character and performance
- Provide a safe & educational experience that meets best practice criteria
POSITIVE COACHING ALLIANCE
Capital FC Timbers has established a partnership with Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA), a national non-profit developing “Better Athletes, Better People” by working to provide all youth and high school athletes a positive, character-building sports experience.
The partnership provides Capital FC access to PCA’s training for coaches, sports parents, student-athletes and administrators, comprising live group workshops, online courses, books by PCA Founder Jim Thompson and additional online resources, such as e-mailed follow-up tips and reminders.
PCA has partnered with roughly 3,000 youth sports organizations, schools, districts, conferences, and park-and-rec departments, as well as the Portland Timbers, to create a Development ZoneTM culture, where the goal is using youth and high school sports to develop Better Athletes, Better People,
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) develops BETTER ATHLETES, BETTER PEOPLE through resources for youth and high school sports coaches, parents, administrators and student-athletes. In addition to hundreds of free audio-video and printable tips and tools at www.PCADevZone.org, PCA has partnered with roughly 3,000 schools and youth sports organizations nationwide to deliver live group workshops, online courses and books by PCA Founder Jim Thompson that help those involved in youth and high school sports create a positive, character-building youth sports culture.
PCA workshops and courses, which have impacted more than 7.5 million youth through 2014, strive to transform high school and youth sports into a Development ZoneTM, where the goal is to develop Better Athletes, Better People and the following become the prevailing models in youth and high school sports:
- The Double-Goal Coach®, who strives to win while also pursuing the more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports
- The Second-Goal Parent®, who concentrates on life lessons, while letting coaches and athletes focus on competing
- The Triple-Impact Competitor®, who strives to impact sport on three levels by improving oneself, teammates and the game as a whole.
PCA gains support from a National Advisory Board, including National Spokesperson and 11-time NBA Champion Coach Phil Jackson, and many other top coaches, athletes, organization leaders and academics who share PCA’s mission.