COVID-19 Info Page

Last Updated March 19th, 9:40pm

We are in uncharted territories and are providing this page as a hub for all club-related information in the middle of the COVID-19 crisis. Check back for updates as the situation continues to change.


As of now, all CFC programs are scheduled to resume May 1.  

Our current intentions are to postpone all programming and complete once the situation allows for safe activity at our complex. Should this not be possible, we will look to modify our original plans. We will stay attentive to the situation, and the Executive Committee of the board is in contact daily, formally meeting via teleconference weekly to review any new information.

In the meantime, we have a few resources available for you:

  • Coerver At-Home Curriculum – As a partner club, all CFC members will receive access free of charge to the Coerver Locker for weekly curriculum starting March 23rd. Sign up for an account and register for the “Partner Club Online Academy.”


  • Daily Workouts – provided by DOC Joe Wentworth and demonstrated by CFC coaches, Timbers U23, and Atletica players, check out this fitness and ball work that will be available to all members.


  • Virtual Club Challenge  – compete in challenges with clubs from around the country. This weeks challenge is BALLS OUT OF THE AIR STALLS! Click the link to find out more.


  • Dealing with Disappointment – Whether you’re an athlete, coach, or parent, during this social distancing time period, things can seem pretty disappointing. We found this article very helpful for all aspects of dealing with the cancellations caused by COVID-19

We are more than a soccer club. Please reach out if you need help. 

Our community is made stronger through soccer, and in these uncertain and trying times we want to make sure everyone in our community is taken care of. If you have shopping or other essential needs, please send us an email at and someone from the club will respond to you.


When will we know if programming is going to be canceled instead of just postponed?

We have to take a variety of factors into consideration. The biggest impact on our programming comes back to the Governor’s decisions on how long the schools will be postponed. Most clubs around the state rent from school district fields, and if the schools remain closed, it is likely that OYSA will change their stance from postponing to cancellations.

Our feeling is that most of our kids and families will be eager to get back on the field when we are able to, and so that is why our stance currently is to postpone.

If the timeline starts pushing further into the summer, we will then make the tougher decisions on modifying/shortening the season or canceling.

What is the plan for refunds? 

For Spring Juniors and Mighty Mites – read the following letter from our Executive Director. 

For Competitive Families – This has a great impact on the financial position of the club and the ability to deliver future programming, so we want to be careful and look to the long-term while balancing the needs and expectations of our membership. We should have more information by the end of March.

That being said, we are hopeful that we will be able to complete our programming as promised as well as offer some additional at-home resources to get everyone through this time.