Get back out on the field to play soccer in a fun and safe environment this summer!
Mid Valley Soccer League is partnering up with Capital FC to offer a 7v7 League for 6 weeks starting July 11th. Divisions are available for 5th/6th Boys and Girls, and 7th/8th Boys and girls (19-20 school year).
Teams can choose to play in a Wednesday evening division or a traditional Saturday morning division. All games will take place at Capital FC’s Fields. The use of small sided game play will ensure kids get the maximum playing time and crowd size will be small to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
Limit 8 teams per session!
Key league details:
- 6 game season, all games hosted at CFC Complex
- 2×25 minute halves
- Min 8 players, max 11 per team
- All coaches must clear background checks through OYSA.
- Divisions will utilize ages from the 2019-20 school year
- Wednesday 5th/6th Boys and Girls, 7th/8th Boys and Girls
- Saturday 5th/6th Boys and Girls, 7th/8th Boys and Girls
- Cost: $50 per player
- Registration runs through Capital FC
- Registration closes Monday, July 6th
- Schedules Posted by Wednesday, July 8th
- Game dates for Saturday division: July 11, 18, 25, Aug 1, 8, 15
- Game dates for Wednesday division: July 15, 22, 29, Aug 5, 12, 19
COVID19 Safety Measures will be in place, including:
- Players and their households must be healthy and free of symptoms in order to participate.
- Only necessary contact for players (no high fives, hugs, fist bumps, huddles)
- Limit 2 spectators per participant. Spectators must maintain 6 ft social distancing requirements and will not be allowed on the field of play.
- No sharing of water bottles or other unnecessary equipment
- No headers or throw ins – no touching of the ball with hands.
- Wash your hands before and after the facility.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HEAD COACHES REGISTERING THEIR TEAM:
Step 1: Register your player and form your team
Coaches – create an account on our Sports Connect site and make sure you have filled out information for your player. After your player is in the system, go to “Available Programs” and you will have the option to select your division (Wednesdays or Saturdays).
Once you have enrolled your player in the division, it will ask you if you have a team code. Answer NO and move forward with the registration process. You will be able to select or create your profile as coach of your team as well as name your team.
After this, you will check out and pay for your player. After you register your player, a team page will be created for your team.
Step 2: Inviting other players to your team
From the main page of your Sports Connect account, under “MY ACCOUNT” you should then see your player enrolled in MVSL+CFC 7v7 Summer League. On the right of this, there is a link to “VISIT TEAM PAGE” – click on that link.
On your team page, click on “ROSTER”
In the upper left corner, click the blue button that says “MANAGE ROSTER INVITES”
From this page you will see both the team code as well as a space to send email invites to all of those on your team. You can then send the email invites out to your team as well as check back to see who has registered.
Coaches – you have any questions about the registration process, please send an email to Collin Box at email@example.com