May 26th – Weekly Update from Collin Box, Executive Director

We have a few pieces of solid news for you all as we can see a little more of what the future looks like.

 

RETURN TO PLAY CAN OCCUR WHEN MARION COUNTY ENTERS PHASE II

According to Oregon Youth Soccer, limited non-contact soccer activities are allowed to return during phase II of Oregon’s reopening (read OYSA’s guidelines here ). These must occur in groups of 10 or less. The first possible date for our competitive teams to return to the field is June 15th, but this is very dependent upon the government’s orders and getting into phase II.

 

RETURN TO PLAY MEDICAL COMMITTEE

Our board has formed a “Return to Play Medical Committee” that will advise and monitor all reopening activities. This committee includes

Dr. Kirsten Steketee, Emergency Medicine Physician, Salem Emergency Physicians

Dr. Weston Heringer, DMD, Pediatric Dentistry 

Ryan Farwell, Administrator, Salem Clinic

Kate Sorem, Advanced Victim Advocate

To contact the committee with concerns or questions, please email covid@capitalfctimbers.com

 

READ CAPITAL FC’S DRAFT RETURN TO PLAY POLICIES

The committee has worked with OYSA to submit this plan for returning to play. You can read them here.

Ultimately it will be your decision as a family on when you feel comfortable having your player return to the field, and I want to make it clear that no kid will punished for not showing up to practice if that is the choice your family makes. Every family has a unique situation they are in, and we want to be respectful as well as relieve stress.

Our intentions are to open slowly and begin with our competitive teams. We will be training our staff and sharing these plans expectations with you in the next couple weeks. We want to make sure that we can reopen responsibly and therefore will be methodical about which groups are allowed on the field and at what times.

It is still unclear what the path forward after our initial return to the field looks like. OYSA has not released any guidance beyond this initial phase, nor has the Governor. We have been looking at other models from around the country and around the world, but it is still too early for us to know when we will be able to have limited contact or increase group size. We will continue to keep you updated as we know more information.

 

In other news: 

  • If you registered for this year’s competitive program and have yet to hear from a coach…please be patient! We are currently working through how we will transition teams from the 2019-20 season to 20-21 season, given our limited ability to be on the field. You will see communication come from us over the next couple weeks as we prepare for a return to the field.

 

  • If you did not play with CFC last year and are interested in joining, please register here. We plan to have more information about a tryout period once it becomes more clear when we will be able to return to the field.

 

  • Our Juniors Program is still within our scenarios that we outlined originally. As we move closer to our drop dead date at the beginning of July, we will have more clarity and communicate directly with you about changes in plans.

 

Finally, for those who are able please consider making a donation to CFC during this challenging time. We continue to provide a service to our community through the connections our coaches and volunteers are facilitating (at a distance). These connections are a lifeline for kids, and even more necessary in this time of loss and discouragement. Though we have some reserves to draw on, we need your help to be able to keep our coaches engaged with kids through this time.

If you are interested in supporting the club in this challenging time, please consider making a one time or a monthly donation by following this link. 

 

Yours in soccer,

 

 

Collin Box

Executive Director

 

Related Posts