Spring 2020 Refunds

Hello CFC Juniors Families – 

 

As we wait to see what the future holds, we wanted to take a moment to outline our plans for the spring season. Our goal as a club is to play, because we believe more than ever our kids and families will be eager to get back on the field once it is safe.

 

Our Current Plans

 

At this point, our plan remains to postpone the season until it is safe for us to open back up.  The current revised date is the first week of May, but we anticipate that there may be more updates or changes to the COVID-19 situation in Oregon that will help us see if this is possible. 

 

If we are not able to postpone, our second option would be to play a modified or shortened season. 

 

Our final option would be to cancel the season if the dates get pushed back too far. 

 

Refunds, cancellations, credits

 

We recognize that your family’s financial situation may have drastically changed in the last couple weeks or that you are no longer comfortable playing because you or your family members are more at risk during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

 

We also want you to recognize that our nonprofit, like other small businesses and nonprofits, is now under extreme financial hardship due to our forced closure. Last week we laid off nearly all our staff and have taken other necessary cost saving measures for the sake of being able to provide services to our community in the long term. 

 

With this in mind, we have laid out the following updates to our refund policy for the Spring of 2020. 

 

  • If you are under extreme financial hardship or have higher health risks and would like to cancel your registration for the spring, we will honor that request minus the $25 cancellation fee as stated in our prior policies. Cancellation requests must be made before April 5, 2020 in order to receive the refund. Please email or call requesting cancellation with your name and the name of your player(s). This will allow us to plan appropriately for the Spring 2020 season for those who are still able to participate. 

 

  • If you are not in this situation, we ask that you pause and wait with us as we see if/when we can play. Should we have to cancel or modify the season, you will have two options: 

 

  1. Consider your payment as a donation to the rebuilding process of the club after we open. This would be a great help to us in this time and I strongly believe will help make your player’s experience better in the long run.
  2. Receive a full credit towards future programming at CFC, whether that be in the fall or in the spring.

 

If we get to this point, we will reach out to you once again with the details of how to make your selection. 

 

Thanks for your understanding and support in this unique and challenging time. 

 

Yours in soccer,

 

Collin Box

Director

Capital FC Timbers

 

Related Posts

Leave a Comment