March 20, 2020, 3:00pm
Dear CFC Family –
Nothing more needs to be said about the impact that COVID-19 is having on our daily lives. As we wrestle with what the impact is on our staff, our players, as well as the future of our club, we recognize the challenges before us.
I want to update you on the process we are going through as we address the ever-changing crisis we face.
Yesterday morning our Executive Committee met, following an emergency meeting of the Board of Directors last Friday. The Executive Committee will continue to meet/conference at least weekly and is in daily communication as the situation is changing.
We have identified three priorities during this time:
1. Creating a proactive plan to be ready for whatever the future holds.
We have an established decision making process and have worked out several scenarios on how to handle program-related delays and/or cancellations. When making decisions, we must consider the orders of the Governor, the policies of Salem-Keizer School District, Oregon Youth Soccer Association, and the Mid Valley Soccer League.
Because of these complexities, please know that if something is announced and you don’t hear something right away, we have a plan in place to make a rational and strategic decision once we have all of the facts.
2. Adapt programming to the current situation. This happens in three ways:
First of all, its impact on our current programming. At this point our plan is to delay the start dates of programming for our recreational programming unless we are not able to complete the season. We feel everyone will be eager to get out and play once it is safe to do so. For our competitive programs, we must follow OYSA’s lead in terms of league and cup play. At this point they are also seeking to postpone and reschedule to complete the current season.
Secondly, we are looking at how it will impact our future and planned programming. This includes things like tryouts for our competitive and pre competitive programs. Our plan at this point is to once again push back the dates for this and modify our upcoming programming both in length and cost to adapt to the potential of less than a year-long program.
Last, we are looking at what we can do given our current situation. As you may have seen, we have begun to create some digital challenges. We also have several other things that will become available very shortly. These include:
– Coerver At-Home Curriculum – As a partner club, all CFC members will receive access free of charge to the Coerver Locker for weekly curriculum starting March 23rd. Sign up for an account and register for the “Partner Club Online Academy.”
– Daily Workouts (coming soon) – provided by DOC Joe Wentworth and demonstrated by CFC coaches, Timbers U23, and Atletica players, check out this fitness and ball work that will be available to all members.
We will continue to look at ways we can adapt to the situation at hand.
3. Our last priority is to prepare to rebuild/reboot when we are able to.
As you all are aware, this is a large financial hit for so many, and we are not immune to that. We have already begun to take cost saving measures for the club so that we can prepare to offer the same level of programming once we are able to return to play.
The pressure is large and we are reaching out for help from our bank, from grant-writing organizations, and from individuals to help support each other through this challenging time.
If you are able, please consider making a donation to the club to help us during this challenging time. You may donate online at https://www.capitalfctimbers.com/support/
We are more than a soccer club. Please reach out if you need help.
Our community is made stronger through soccer, and in these uncertain and trying times we want to make sure everyone in our community is taken care of. If you have shopping or other essential needs, please send us an email at email@example.com and someone from the club will respond to you.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and support during this time.