SALEM, Ore. — With the recent diagnosis of coronavirus in Oregon, we want to do everything we can to keep our players, coaches, and families safe. The Oregon Health Authority is leading the response, and at this time, the threat to Oregonians remains low. Should the illness spread to our area, we will follow the direction of our public health officials. Any updates will be announced through our social media, our website, and more.
Soccer is not a high risk activity, and the Oregon Health Authority has not recommended any closures in Salem-Keizer at this time. As precautionary, we at CFC are taking these extra measures:
- We are wiping down door knobs and countertops in the office more frequently.
- We have hand sanitizers set around the office.
- We encourage you to have your child stay home if they are sick.
- We are encouraging players to switch from post game high fives to post-game elbows to stop the hand-to-hand contact.
The CDC recommends taking the following precautions to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. (If soap is unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you’re sick to avoid infecting others (Your coach will not bench you for this).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a cleaning spray or wipe.
- No sharing water bottles.
The novel coronavirus started spreading in Wuhan, China, so there have been some media reports about discrimination against Asians and Asian-Americans. We ask that you and your family be mindful that bullying of students based on race, color, national origin, or disability is unacceptable in our club.
Keep in mind that this is a rapid changing situation and we will inform you of any changing recommendations.
You can find more resources on the Oregon Health Authority website: https://www.oregon.gov/oha/pages/index.aspx